Communicating well in difficult situations
The one day workshop, ‘Hard-to-Have Conversations’ provides participants with practical knowledge and skills for being clear and confident communicators – particularly in potentially difficult situations.
‘Hard-to-Have Conversations’ is intended for anyone who will be, or who already regularly talk to individuals where sensitivity, tact, clarity and empathy are required.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- get prepared so you’re clear on what you need to say
- ask the right questions to get the information you need
- clearly and concisely communicate important information
- be assertive without tipping into aggression or passivity
- say ‘no’ and still keep them listening
- deal with difficult questions or comments effectively
- manage challenging responses with dignity and respect
- have greater self awareness into your own communication style
- adjust your communication style to suit the situation
- be more confident during challenging conversations
This workshop can also be customised to suit your specific communication requirements